ABOUT THE STUDY
The 2016 Supplemental Operating Budget (2ESHB 2376, Section 106) requires the SCPP to study:
This analysis must include the implications for the following areas:
The proviso also requires the SCPP to receive stakeholder input, and submit a report to the Legislature by January 9, 2017
The web survey closed on August 31, 2016. Comments can still be provided via
letter or email to the SCPP.
All responses to the SCPP Merger Study Survey are published verbatim at the request of stakeholders. Before posting, staff made a good faith effort to review the responses for Social Security Numbers, or ID numbers issued by the Department of Retirement Systems. None were found, but if you find one please let us know where in the responses that you found it, and we will blank it out. All other information posted here is considered a public record under Washington’s Public Records Act (RCW 42.56), and must be provided to the public upon request.
For reference, the questions in the survey are:
- (Optional) I am...
Responses to Question 1
- An active member of LEOFF 1
- A retired member of LEOFF 1
- An active member of TRS 1
- A retired member of TRS 1
- An active member of LEOFF 2
- A retired member of LEOFF 2
- An employer of LEOFF 1/2 members
- An employer of TRS 1 members
- Other interested stakeholder (or prefer not to say)
- (Optional) If the Legislature proposed a merger of LEOFF 1 and TRS 1, then I would be...
Responses to Question 2
- In favor
- It depends on the provisions of the merger
- If the Legislature proposed a plan merger, what QUESTIONS would you like answered?
Responses to Question 3
- If the Legislature proposed a plan merger, what CONCERNS would you like to see addressed?
Responses to Question 4
- If the Legislature proposed a plan merger, what GENERAL COMMENTS would you have?
Responses to Question 5
- Additional comments
Responses to Question 6
Here is a printable document containing the survey questions.
Ice Miller Letters
The following two documents were obtained by the Office of the State Actuary (OSA) at the request of non-OSA legislative staff on behalf of a legislator. As such, they were originally privileged and not subject to public disclosure. It is our understanding that these documents were then released to the public by non-OSA legislative staff. These documents have been posted here at the direct request of the chair of the SCPP.
2013 Ice Miller Letter
2015 Ice Miller Letter
Agency Request Letters
Attorney General’s Office
Department of Retirement Systems
LEOFF 2 Board
• Initial Briefing, presented May 17, 2016
• Staff Work Plan, presented June 21, 2016
• Update, presented July 19, 2016
• PowerPoint Presentation, presented September 20, 2016
• Completed Survey Responses
- Ice Miller Updates
- Attorney General Updates
- LEOFF 2 Board Update
- State Actuary Update
- DRS Update – No written materials were provided
Policy Analysis Update
• Full Committee, May 17, 2016
• Full Committee, June 21, 2016
• Full Committee, July 19, 2016
• Full Committee, Sept. 20, 2016
• Full Committee, Oct. 18, 2016
• Full Committee, Nov. 15, 2016
• Full Committee, Dec. 13, 2016
• Executive Committee, May 17, 2016
• Executive Committee, June 21, 2016
• Executive Committee, July 19, 2016
• Executive Committee, Oct. 18, 2016
• Executive Committee, Nov. 15, 2016