Session Technical (AV) Assistant
SALARY: $3,649.00 Monthly
OPENING DATE: 10/23/20
CLOSING DATE: 12/31/20 05:00 PM
Screening and interviews will begin immediately, and this recruitment is open until five successful candidates are found. The salary for Session Technical (AV) Assistants is $3,649 per month. These are temporary positions lasting through the WA legislative session, to April, 2021. There are five positions available. Two are expected to begin November 23,2020 and three will begin January 4, 2021. Mandatory employment training will be scheduled the first week ofemployment.
The Legislative Service Center, also known as LEG-TECH (pronounced 'LEDGE-TECK’) is the dedicated technology solutions provider for the Washington State Legislature. We are a team of dedicated professionals who are passionate about technology and providing world-class IT support to our valued customers in the Legislature. Whether it takesthe form of hardware and software troubleshooting, application development, training, or network services,
we support a connected Legislature!
The Audio Video (AV) Support Group is tasked with providing solutions to the Legislature that will allow for previously in-person committee hearings and in-person legislative floor activity to be provided remotely this session. LEG-TECH is looking for an enthusiastic AV Technical Assistant to augment both our AV and Customer support group during the upcoming legislative session. In this position you will provide key Zoom hosting and troubleshooting support to Washington State House of Representatives customers. From assisting our state lawmakers with joining a virtual committee hearing to coordinating the induction of members virtually for a legislative floor session, every day brings fresh challenges.
Dependability, technical expertise, problem-solving skills, and the ability to calmly manage multiple tasks in a sometimes-hectic work environment are attributes essential to the success of the AV Technical Assistant.
To find out more about LEG-TECH please visit our
DUTIES:You Will Have an Opportunity to:
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Provide technical support for virtual committee hearings as the Zoom host.
- Troubleshoot technical issues with legislative members, staff, presenters and the public who are attending virtualcommittee hearings.
- Provide technical expertise around microphones, cameras and audio systems relating to participating in Zoomvirtual meetings.
- Coordinate and facilitate public testimony by managing Zoom attendees and promoting when needed.
- Monitor virtual committee hearings to ensure the security, dependability and transparency of the legislativecommittee process.
- Ensure that committee hearings are recorded using Zoom cloud recording.
- Manage Zoom break-out rooms for inducting members to the legislative floor Session.
- Communicate with colleagues on Microsoft Teams to share your knowledge and leverage support.
- Demonstrate your commitment to world-class customer service by providing timely resolutions to complexcustomer issues.
- Can multi-task with composure while dealing with multiple simultaneous customer issues and priorities in a fast-paced virtual environment.
- Displays knowledge, interest and aspiration to be an expert in video conferencing technologies.
- Demonstrates excellent people skills and sensitivity when working with a diverse group of customers who mayhave different or competing needs.
- Is organized and methodical, yet flexible enough to handle shifting priorities in situations that aren’t clear-cut.
- Conveys a professional demeanor in dress, appearance, and attitude along with strong communication skills(verbal and written).
- Team oriented, confident to reach out when help is needed.
- Is able to move and carry equipment around, whether within or between buildings, including connecting wiresunder desks.
- Knowledge in how to schedule and run Zoom meetings.
- Strong troubleshooting skills on multiple devices in regard to microphones, cameras and audio outputs neededfor video conferencing.
- Familiarity with multiple mobile platforms and the Zoom App functionality.
- Organizational skills with a high attention to detail.
- Ability to work well with others and maintain a positive, professional demeanor while working in a fast-paced,high-pressure legislative environment.
- Strong verbal speaking and listening skills, can move patiently but efficiently at the speed of different clients.
- Strong computer troubleshooting skills and patience, can recognize patterns from limited information.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Outlook. Knowledge of Teams is a plus.
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced, team environment, yet take direction from others.
- Must be willing to occasionally work long, irregular hours, and some weekends.
- Be able to work on-site in a healthy manner per current Thurston County guidelines.
Interested persons should submit the following:
- A letter of interest describing applicable qualifications and experience.
- A résumé detailing the name(s) of employer(s), length of employment, position titles and scope ofresponsibilities.
Submit paperwork to:
Legislative Service Center (LEG-TECH)
106 11th Ave. SW, Suite 2400
Olympia, WA 98501
Attn: Personnel or e-mail to:
Screening will begin immediately and this recruitment is open until filled. Initial screening will be based solely on the information provided by the candidate.
Interviews will be granted to candidates most closely matching the hiring criteria.
LEG-TECH is an equal opportunity employer.