Office of Program Research
The Office of Program Research (OPR) provides nonpartisan policy, legal, and fiscal services for the House of Representatives and individual House members, including:
- Drafting bills and amendments at the request of any member.
- Preparing biennial and supplemental budgets and revenue measures.
- Conducting research and analysis of: historical, current, and emerging issues; current laws; administrative rules; court opinions; and government programs.
- Providing technical review and fiscal analysis of proposed legislation.
- Preparing bill analyses and reports and briefing members on bills as they advance in the legislative process.
- Providing committee administrative services such as publishing agendas and record-keeping.
Jill Reinmuth, Director
Phone: (360) 438-1997
Jim Morishima, Asst. Director
Phone: (360) 786-7191
Lucinda Duvall, Office Coord.
Phone: (360) 786-7101
Where can I find...
Information about a specific House standing committee or task force?
House Standing Committees
Joint Legislative Committees, Work Groups, and Task Force
Joint Administrative Rules Review Committee
State budget bills and documents?
Fiscal Reports, Budget Bills and Documents, and Project Map
Legislative Evaluation and Accountability Program (LEAP)
A specific piece of legislation, a bill analysis, or materials presented during a work session?
Bill Information and Search
Committee Schedules, Agendas, and Documents
Information about testifying at a committee hearing?
How to Testify in Committee
Summaries of recent legislation or Committee Interim Plans?
Summary of Legislation
Committee Interim Plans
List of Archived OPR Reports
Information about ballot measures?
Initiatives and Referenda
OPR Summaries of Ballot Measures
Career opportunities or graduate internships
working with the House in a nonpartisan position?