During 2022, in response to COVID-19, the House and Senate have made operational changes to adhere to public health guidance. Please go to the House Covid-19 Operations and Senate Covid-19 Operations plans for more details. All proceedings can be viewed on TVW. To view legislative proceedings click here for TVW. Please click here to go to the committee website pages. To find your Legislator click
here or click
here to send a message to your Legislator.
Senate Committee Services
304 15th Avenue SW
P.O. Box 40466
Olympia, WA 98504-0466
Kim Johnson, Director
Kim Cushing, Deputy Director
Sandy Jaime, Office Manager
Senate Committee Services provides professional nonpartisan research, fiscal and policy analysis, and administrative support services to each member of the Washington State Senate and its committees. This is accomplished by:
- Providing information and analysis that is objective, accurate, and useful;
- Assisting senators develop and evaluate legislative options to achieve their policy objectives;
- Drafting clear, understandable legislation that accomplishes intended objectives;
- Facilitating committee meetings and other legislative processes; and
- Supporting opportunities for organizational and personal learning to ensure that staff have the knowledge and capability to provide senators with high quality service.
Access copies of draft bills, proposed substitute bills, and striking amendments scheduled for public hearings on Committee Schedules, Agendas, and Documents, as soon as they are available.
Committee Members By Committee
Committee Members by Member
Committee Staff Phone List
Committee Staff Issue Areas
2022 Bills Passed the Regular Legislative Session
2022 Interim Committee Meeting Schedules and Work Plans
- Relating to protecting gun and other firearm rights (rejected)
Initiative 594 - Relating to requiring criminal and public safety background checks for gun sales and transfers (approved)
Initiative 1351 - Relating to lower class sizes and increasing school staff to provide all students the opportunity for a quality education (approved)
Tax Advisory Votes Nos. 8 & 9
No. 8 (SB 6505) - Relating to dealing with the elimination of agricultural tax preferences for various aspects of the marijuana industry (maintained)
No. 9 (ESHB 1287) - Relating to imposing the leasehold excise tax on certain leasehold interests in tribal property (maintained)
Listening to the RealAudio files requires the
RealAudio Player (TM). A copy can be downloaded from Progressive Networks.