The following tables present high-level summaries of plan provisions for the following Washington State public pension systems:
- Public Employees’ Retirement System (PERS)
- Teachers’ Retirement System (TRS)
- School Employees’ Retirement System (SERS)
- Public Safety Employees’ Retirement System (PSERS)
- Law Enforcement Officers’ and Firefighters’ Retirement System (LEOFF)
- Washington State Patrol Retirement System (WSPRS)
The provisions listed in the tables are not meant to be exhaustive lists. For complete details of plan provisions, please refer to the statutes shown in each table or contact the plan administrator, the Department of Retirement
Systems (DRS). In the unlikely event that information contained in these tables conflicts with state law, the law takes precedence.
The tables below contain provisions that change infrequently. Please see Summary of Plan Provisions on our
Valuations page for tables containing provisions that change more regularly.